Skip to main content

A Daybook Entry


I have admired this feature on
Bonita's blog for quite a while now (though it truly belongs to Peggy, who you can visit through clicking on the Daybook picture). Thought I'd give it a try, especially while the Proverbs' blog continues. (You can still join us, by the way....)

* * *

FOR TODAY, Sunday, August 2, 2009...


OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...


Gray! Lots of clouds today. Rain, a trickle at a time. Not a good pool day. (Sorry, RJ2!)


I AM THINKING...


About my week ahead. I'm actually on deadline to come up with deadlines! I'm chairing our school's PTA Reflections program this fall, and I have to develop a timeline so the kids know when to turn in their entries. (And quite a few other items.)


I AM THANKFUL FOR...

The rain that has kept our sprinklers off most of the summer (and swim lessons on!). Time to blog in the evenings after long days with the girls. Technology that lets you capture moments in time and recalls them in an instant for you to relive. Hubby and I have been enjoying videos of the girls' earliest days.

FROM THE LEARNING ROOMS...


Learning to be at peace with letting go of things. I am not doing some of the activities I did last year, and it's been hard to see some of the changes that have occurred and disappointing to not see new people fill vacant spots.


FROM THE KITCHEN...

I'm constantly trying to reinvent the hot dog. Tonight, I have cooked the dogs and cut them into rounds. I spread mustard on open hot dog rolls and put the dogs on top. Horseradish cheddar cheese for some kick. More mustard and Giardiniera relish (like they do in Chicago) after they come out of the broiler. Homemade sweet potato casserole, and leftover peas and carrots on the side. Now...what for the kids....?

I AM WEARING...


The "Life is Good" shirt with the guy on the hammock, jean shorts and my black denim apron.


I AM CREATING...


A 3-D display for the Reflections program that needs to be hung on the school wall by Thursday! (I could go on, but let's try to get one thing done this week!)

I AM GOING...


After church, nowhere.


I AM READING...


The Out-of-Sync Child
, by Carol Stock Kranowitz

I AM HOPING...


To finalize any last summer travel plans for us today.

I AM HEARING...


Now (which is later than when I started this)...crickets and the hum of the fridge. All kids are slumbering.


AROUND THE HOUSE...

The dishwasher sang its "I'm done" song awhile ago. The A/C isn't even on at the moment. Hubby and I are working on our computers. Enjoying some quiet...finally!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

This day, one of my new favorite things is doing the Washington Post magazine crossword puzzle. I used to do crosswords every day when I commuted to work via train into Chicago. I've just picked up doing the crossword again. Third week going and I'm already noticing that I'm not making as many mistakes (and I do them in pen, so I can see better!) and get the gist of the puzzle author's "game" sooner. Not done, however.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK:

CJ is off to YMCA day camp and RJ2 is finishing up summer school. I'll have a couple of hours to myself. That's trouble! I have a meeting to plan a worship team rally for church and a meeting with the past Reflections chair to find out how this all really works.

HERE IS A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING...


Not quite what we had for dinner, but doesn't that look amazing! Who's worried about nitrates when a hot dog looks THIS good!?

Comments

Bonita said…
You crack me up! Is a hot dog cookbook in your future? ha ha

I'm so glad you decided to participate. And I'm glad you did it today because I need the motivation myself to do it today as well. I was thinking about skipping out because I'm a bit spent and trying to catch up from my weekend, but because you posted, I will find time to do so later as well. Thanks!
Kelly said…
I'm so glad to get a glimpse into your day. I miss seeing you as much as usual during the summer. And next fall...with those "changes" going on, I don't know how our schedules will mesh, but we definitely need to make sure they do.

Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

On this Merry Christmas Night....

Merry Christmas, blog friends! I know you're wondering, "Did she finish painting her family room (finally....)??" (Nope!) * * * D oesn't this look like how our days are sometimes? Myriad things scattered about, unfinished. Trying to take a cozy, restful seat by the fire, but still that seat stays empty. We try to make things brighter, but the light strings don't quite have the power to make things clear for us. And we wonder how many coats it will take to cover up what had been there before, without splotches and unevenness. (Three may just be right--sigh....!) * * * We may have things unfinished. We may have "miscalculated" the use of our time. Or perhaps we were called away to other things for which we were needed, even if they weren't part of our plans. Even in our peaceful approach to Christmas, that seat of rest may be vacant. But the opportunity to "Be still...." doesn't always lie in a cozy sea

When I was 45....

I t was a very good year! (Yep, celebrating again! I hijacked my own blog--LOL!) The glass is half full, and things have never looked more browniful! Awesome day on tap.... sunshine, take-out barbecue for dinner, cake.... Thanks for celebrating with me! Enjoy.... ( Let it rise....One of my all-time favorite praise songs! )

Post #100

L ong before we bloggers celebrated our first 100 posts, the psalmists provided us with theirs. In recognition of my 100th, let's celebrate by looking at the Bible's "Post #100" (a.k.a., Psalm 100, A Psalm for Thanksgiving or Thank Offering): Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Surprisingly, there is no direct Hebrew translation for the English word 'joyful' as used in this verse in the King James Version. That leaves things a bit open to interpretation. My study Bible (NASB) says 'joyful' is "a shout of loyalty and homage." The dictionary defines 'joy' with the word rejoicing, meaning "to be made glad again." 'Noise,' however, does come with a Hebrew equivalent, meaning "to split the ears with sound," as in to shout, shout for joy. Lands implies all the earth, the nations, the world. We, those of all nations, are to present to the Lord, out of our loyalty and homage to Him, joyful shouts that