Thursday, October 15, 2009

"A Painter's Progress"


Edie and Chatty Kelly have asked me how the Family Room is progressing. As you can see, we're up to our ceiling in a dark rosy pink! Not exactly what I'd call Daredevil, but that will change soon.

Will try to put something other the The Daybook and "A Painter's Progress" on the blog--LOL!!

We did have a fun outing to a local pumpkin patch. (Catch the slideshow at right.) I am absolutely taken by the pictures of these rich orange fruits out in the fields of mangled wild morning glory vines. It doesn't speak of a traditional Autumn at all, but I love the colors!

OK, crankin' up the Chris Tomlin and back to my roller!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Sue,

Your family room is progressing nicely. Our entire house is painted in a light, creamy yellowish/gold shade. Boring to some, perhaps, but I LOVE it. I add color via accent pieces like pillows, throws, a vase. It works for me.

By the way, love your new fall header and your little slide show.

Carmen said...

Weird!! I'm just redoing my family room too. The color you used on the walls may be pink, but looks like the color on my walls (which is more brownish in color). I am probably getting a darker carpet and lighter paint for the walls. We have fairly new furniture that doesn't go with it as well...so time for a change. BTW, yours looks lovely!!

Kelly Combs said...

I'm confused, it that the primer? It doesn't look anything like the bright red on your previous post.

Can't wait to see more next week!

enjoy!

Edie said...

I'm confused with Kelly for the same reason. Did I miss something here? It's looking good! Progress has to feel good too! Looking forward to more.

KelliGirl said...

Sue,
I'm a little bit behind so you might already be finished. I love the way a new coat of paint can totally change a room and am anxious to see the final results. I love color, lots of it, so each room in my house is painted a different color...it's a coordinating palette (I hope!)

Also...I loved the pictures of pumpkin picking. I miss those days. My kids are a little old for that, although last year we went apple picking and all of us had a great time. Hmmm, maybe its time for an outing.

Have a great day, my friend.