Friday, August 29, 2008

Busy Day



Get the phone call.
Make some plans.
Mom puts money
In my hands.


Doorbell rings.
Then I see them.
They'll take me
To the museum.

After a while,
We get there.
Open the doors.
Pay the fare.

Look at exhibits
Before our show.

After some looks,
Downstairs we go.

We decide

To buy a snack.

I choose popcorn
Off the rack.




Go in the theater.
Watch the movie.
It's about a river.
It really moved me.

We look around
A little more.
See the planets
And dinosaurs.

Lunch was later
Than we thought.
Water and a bagel
Was what I bought.

We'll be at another place
Before our eyes.

It's another museum
But it's kid-sized!




There's a tummy, a tree house
And a cafe, too.
A garden with a river.

(Goodbye, shoe!)

After a while,
We go home.
And say "Goodbye!"
To the IMAX dome.

4 comments:

The Patterson 5 said...

I love your oldest poems! Sounds like a fun, educational day! We love those two museums and to do both in one day! Wow! What fun!

Chatty Kelly said...

I see a second blog being created sooner than later. I think she likes this blogging business, not to mention she's good at it.

(Will one day a week be enough for her adoring fans?)

Kudos!

On Purpose said...

I LOVE the words from children...they are pure and simple and help to keep us the same way!

Keep writing sweetheart...for God is using you!

My ADHD Me said...

I Love these poems.
Especially when you have the pictures and artwork along with them.
What Talent!